Perfectionism is a tough habit to break so you have to set time limits and force yourself to just put things out there even if they aren’t 100% perfect.
New systems or more code should be the last resort, not the first step.
Researchers at MIT combine clinical, genetic, and brain scan data to build predictive model of dementia onset.
altering circuit or network activity has the potential to reduce cognitive dysfunction.
The following qualities for explanatory data visualizations were described in the free, online course Data Visualization and D3.js.
- understand the context- who will be viewing the visualization, what is the cultural context?
- choose appropriate type of visual- should it be a map, chart, etc?
- identify and eliminate clutter – remove non-essential details, show only informational design elements
- direct audience attention – show the viewer what is important, guide their experience through the visualization
- tell a story – tie your visualization to a larger narrative
Social Complexity in 3D Lecture: http://youtu.be/eYe0QrFpQ6c