Social Complexity in 3D Lecture: http://youtu.be/eYe0QrFpQ6c
Earthcare in Raahe
Cleaning up the shorelines
Activists demonstrate selfless love for nature
Friends gather together
Exploring names through art and stories
Weaving natural experience throughout
There are several significant steps in water treatment, including:
- Filtration – e.g. Biosand
- Coagulation & Flocculation
- Biological degradation – aeration, microbial digestion, etc. (if wastewater)
- Settling / Sedimentation
- Removal of excess nitrogen and phosphorous
- Discharge (if wastewater)
- Disinfection (if for drinking) – UV, chlorination, etc.
Greeted by the setting sun.
If we run out of hope at the end of the day, we’ll rise in the morning and put it on again with our shoes. –Barbara Kingslover
The sun sets and gives us time to regenerate our energy. By the dim light of the stars, our body and mind can relax. Although the struggle to better the world seems insurmountably difficult, and at times woefully impossible, we can, each day, renew our fortitude with the slender rays of the rising sun.
Putting on our shoes is a simple act of preparedness, a necessity of our morning routine. With muscle memory, we tighten and tie our laces. Often our mind is halfway out the door already.